Re: [piecepack] Re: Giant piecepacks

On 1/10/07, Clark D. Rodeffer <clark@...> wrote:
--- In piecepack@yahoogroups.com, "Ron Hale-Evans" <rwhe@...> wrote:
> Hey, the Icehouse folks build giant Icehouse sets to play with, right?
>
> http://icehousegames.org/wiki/?title=Giant_pieces
>
> Why not giant piecepacks?
[...]
> I'm planning to attend Penguicon <http://penguicon.org/> in April.
> Clark, do you think one of these sets would interest other attendees?

Ron, this would be outstanding!

Great! :)

I don't know how you'd get all the
bits here, but the con has a storage locker for safe keeping.

If I have time to make them, I'd probably ship them separately. I
wouldn't want to have to take them on the plane.

Construction materials are another good question. My first hunch would
be to use poster board and stencils / spray paint for the tiles and coins.

I don't think that would be durable enough. As Jorge pointed out, one
might want to stand on them. I like his idea of the stuff they make
mats out of for gyms, but I don't know if you can get it cut to custom
sizes. Plywood is another possibility.

They are currently wrestling with this problem on the Icehouse list
for components called Martian Coasters. I'll keep an eye out for
plausible materials there.

   Ron Hale-Evans ... rwhe@... ... http://ron.ludism.org/
Mind Performance Hacks book: http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/mindperfhks/
	   Center for Ludic Synergy: http://www.ludism.org/
(revilous life proving aye the death of ronaldses when winpower wine has
		   bucked the kick on poor won man)