Re: [piecepack] Re: Giant piecepacks

On 1/10/07, Ron Hale-Evans <rwhe@...> wrote:

> Construction materials are another good question. My first hunch would
> be to use poster board and stencils / spray paint for the tiles and coins.

I don't think that would be durable enough. As Jorge pointed out, one
might want to stand on them. I like his idea of the stuff they make
mats out of for gyms, but I don't know if you can get it cut to custom
sizes. Plywood is another possibility.

Vinyl Floor tiles are often sold in 8"x8" sizes with adhesive backs...
4 of those in a square glued to plywood or some type of foam may work
well for the tiles, and have the bonus of giving you (very small)
lines dividing the tile into quarters.

Coins... I would bet that a circular wood piece designed for making a
clock with would work well. These can be found at Michaels or other
craft stores and are often just a few dollars each.

Dice... I have seen large foam dice at my FLGS, but not as big as 4x4"
(more like 2x2"). Don't know who makes them...

Pawns... Perhaps paper covered Styrofoam columns would work? Same
craft store as the coins...

--
Thanks,
Dave