Re: Piecepacks from Blue Panther?

Hi all (this is my first or second post),

when I saw this thread I had a crazy idea: use something like
fundable.org to get enough pledges/pre-orders for piecepacks to buy
your own laser-etch machine, which you could then use to make you
piecepacks with..

I haven't done any comparison shopping but here's an etcher for $1299:
http://www.iehk.net/Products/IE300.html

I should just do it, but have neither the time nor the inclination at
the moment; everyone else is probably in the same situation.

My wife and I made 10 piecepacks to give to family at christmas, and
laser-etched pieces would have been way cooler than poorly painted
(but still pretty cool) ones.

-Barry

--- In piecepack@yahoogroups.com, "Ron Hale-Evans" <rwhe@...> wrote:

> Thanks, Jonathan! That's so cool. The more manufacturers of the
> piecepack there are, the more the piecepack meme will thrive, and
> that's good for everyone reading this (I can only assume).
>
> Marty points out that Blue Panther also works with plastic and other
materials:

> http://www.bluepantherllc.com/Prototypes.htm
>
> A laser-cut, laser-engraved plastic piecepack would be nice too...
>
> Ron
>
> On 1/11/07, Porter235 <porter235@...> wrote:
> > I have sent the first email to Steve. I will let you all know
when/if I hear
> > back.
> >
> > Thank you for your encouragement.
> > JCD

Piecepack

> > > Clark has suggested the same to me (before Christmas actually)
and it is on