Maze Maker Questions

Ok.  I decided to try it all by myself and played against "me" as the
opponent.

Questions so far:
(1) Can a pawn move diagonally?  Or orthogonally only?
(2) Does a pawn HAVE to move its maximum number of spaces, or can it
move UP TO its health-points-number of spaces?
(3) When a monster is defeated, does that coin move? Or does it just
stay there with the victorious pawn sitting on top of it until next
move? The directions state "If the result is higher or equal to the
number on the coin, then the monster is defeated.  If not, he takes
one point of damage and then places the coin back where it was (number
up)."
So... if the monster wins the coin is "put back"... so I have taken
the coin during the fight?  So what happens to the coin when the
monster is "defeated" ?

Thanks! :)