Designing my own game for Piecepack

Hello all!

My name is Jeff, and I just recently learned of piecepack.  What a fantastic idea!  /brown-nosing.

Anyway, I got cranking on my own design, and I was just curious.  Do most folks games for piecepack use ALL the elements-- all the dice, all the tiles, etc.-- or is there some flexibility to that?

I ask as my current design uses only 1d6 for most of its gameplay with a possible 2d6.  And honestly, it's not about suits when you roll as it is about movement, so there's that.  Is that cool?

Thanks!
Jeff