Re: [piecepack] Re: Help requested with Piecepack Wiki cleanup effort

I didn't really study the scripts on the old wiki very thoroughly,
other than to rule out obvious exploits (not that Mark would do such a
thing, but as an admin, you have to be paranoid). However, I love
regular expressions and use them regularly (ar ar), and after sleeping
on it, it seems to me that it might be possible to take a vanilla
OddMuse script and add one or two regular expressions that would
transform the special codes Mark installed into pretty HTML for the
browser.

If that's the case, then it's mostly a simple matter of slapping
together the right regular expressions. On the other hand, some of the
scripts scanned the whole wiki looking for special tags that showed
what kind of kind of game something was, so we'd have to figure out
how to do that in OddMuse too. But I think those two things are most
of the work, and once we figure out how to do each of them, we can
reuse the solutions.

It would be nice if we had some feedback from Mark Biggar, who
masterminded the original scripts. Mark, are you out there?

Ron

p.s. Jorge, you are among the most stalwart stalwarts of the piecepack
right now. :)