Re: [piecepack] Re: Help requested with Piecepack Wiki cleanup effort

On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 10:04 AM, Eric Wald <groups@...> wrote:
> I've been looking at the /TextVersion links, which are similarly broken.
> Unfortunately, the above fix doesn't seem to work, because Oddmuse is
> doing nasty stuff to pages with slashes in their names.  Fortunately,
> only a few other pages use the subdirectories, most of them from
> http://www.ludism.org/ppwiki/Fuji-san
>
> Meanwhile, should I start migrating the /TextVersion links to, for
> example, GameNameTextVersion, with the slash stripped out?  That will
> require a bit of effort, but fortunately not too much.  Even better,
> though, might be GameNameRules.

Eric, if you would do that, that would be splendid. Thank you. I
prefer GameNameTextVersion, because it's consistent with the earlier
page names, and also more descriptive -- after all, the PDF that a
game's page links to is also a form of its rules, and usually a more
complete one, since it may contain necessary graphics.

> I have also been experimenting with the offline editing capability
> documented at http://www.oddmuse.org/cgi-bin/oddmuse/Large_Scale_Changes
> Should I continue down that road, or does it cause problems?

I used something similar to migrate from MoinMoin. It probably won't
cause problems if you do it quickly and carefully. However, you will
need to coordinate it with me, because I will have to temporarily turn
off certain features of the wiki, such as the one that only lets you
access (IIRC) 10 pages in 20 seconds (meant to discourage spambots). I
will also want to back up the wiki before you run your scripts.

Thanks again.

Ron Hale-Evans ... rwhe@... ... http://ron.ludism.org/ ... (206) 201-1768
    Mind Performance Hacks book: http://oreilly.com/catalog/9780596101534/
 The proteiform graph itself is a polyhedron of scripture. (Finnegans
Wake 107:08)