Re: Fwd: Good Portsmanship - Wind Farms, a non-competing (and very late) entry.

I've been playing Wind Farms lately as a two player game, each person controlling two suites. And enjoying it quite a bit.

The rules say:

Phase 1. Bidding to establish a new turn order
In reverse turn order, each player plays one of his coins value side up to the
table.

I wonder why, though. Is it to give the player lowest in the pawn ladder and advantage or a disadvantage?

How can it be an advantage if everyone can outbid you once they see who much you bid.

I think the theme does not conform very well with the rules in the part that says:

-------
If more than 1 wind farm is built on a location, then
the power is divided among the wind farms present, with the leftover power
available going to the player(s) earliest in turn order.
-------

In reality, If a tile is in a windy location for one Windfarm it would still be a windy location for another windfarm placed in that same tile. I think something that *does* have be shared is *water*, like water for crops.

I think the theme should be of mono-crop farmers (one crop for each suit)

Notice also that consumers of rice would also consume brocolli, and would also consume apples. As the rules imply:

-------
Players may provide the same towns/cities with power as other players.
-------

Whereas with electric power that is not really the case. In reality, if a company gives me power I don't really need another company to give me power, also.

Daniel