Re: [piecepack] Re: Definition of flicking in glossary

> > 2. "My only conviction is that the thumb should not restrain and then
> > release the finger... it should merely be the motion of a single
> > finger with no other digits involved."

 I don't agree with this. When I think of a flick I think of it the way you would flick a person in the shoulder,on the the ear or something like that. You can't get much of a flick without doing it this way. However, when I play flicking game I tend not to use my thumb because I can get more control and I don't need that kind of power my thumb can give a flick, unless I am trying to flick my piece across the room. Most peolpe that I have watched playing flicking games play without using their thumb for the same reason, but I have seen some people use their thumb. And come to think of it I used to use my thumb when I played table top football with the folded-up paper triangle. You can't score a field goal if you don't. I thinks the rules should state that only one finger may touch the coin in a flick or something to that effect.

Tim Schutz