Re: [piecepack] Re: New piecepack components? Dice cards and paper dice

On Tue, Feb 03, 2004 at 10:56:18AM -0800, Ron Hale-Evans wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 03, 2004 at 04:44:21AM -0000, Tim Schutz wrote:
> > >   How about just having a deck of 24 cards that mimic the 24 tiles,
> > >   plus perhaps a couple of jokers and maybe a couple of blanks?
> > >
> > >   -Mike
> >
> > This makes the most sense to me. It quite simple and ties in with
> > the piecepack really well. I already have a few ideas for the joker.
> > I can get easily get 6 standard poker size cards on a single sheet of
> > paper.

By the way, besides being wild cards, Jokers can serve other functions
in a dice card deck.  For example, when you draw a Joker, you could
reshuffle the deck.  This is something suggested in the rulebook for
the Deck of Dice.

    Ron Hale-Evans ... rwhe@... ... http://ron.ludism.org/
	 Center for Ludic Synergy, Seattle Cosmic Game Night,
Kennexions Glass Bead Game & Positive Revolution FAQ: http://www.ludism.org/