Although the piecepack is available commercially (See Vendors page), it's also possible to download and print your own set. Some people have made their own graphics for their sets and a few have made these graphics available for others to use.
These are the ones that are freely available right now (please, if you know of any other version add it to the list):
- Dingbats set: Created by DanielAjoy. uses color Yellow instead of Black; that way it can be used with other game components that use that color scheme (Uno, Pachisi, Sorry, Maxican Train, Rage, etc). Two suites are "white" and the other two suites are "black" (the tiles are). The fronts of the tiles are divided into four sectors, for easy AlienCity playing, other games benefit from this, too. The Ace tiles and coins have a distinctive Ace symbol. The Null tiles and coins have a distinctive Null symbol which can also be used as a 6. Both of these are distinct from the numbers and both are kind of similar to each other (to play Evade for example). It also comes with the faces for a fifth die, with four faces corresponding with the four suites and the other two faces corresponding with the Ace and Null symbols. (I've used it to play Bazaar and Survive Escape from Atlantis with it)
- JE Set: Created by Jessica Eccles. Uses vector images for smooth scaling and printing. Includes extensions to the astrological and rule themes inspired by the SensibleExpansions article. This set also includes seasons, playing card and other expansions and piecepack counters. This set is public domain and may be used and sold by anyone.
- Sharp Color Piecepack Design: Created by Evan Buskirk. A "modern" style graphic set for constructing a piecepack. Uses the traditional suits. Designed so that the whole graphics can be carefully alligned and adhered to a thin material, then cut apart, but the usual "cut, then paste" approach works well too.
- Maka's set: Created by JorgeArroyo (you can see pictures of it at his wiki page) and available from the Internet Archive. It started out as a personal design but later was adapted to black and white for the laser etched sets he produced under Ramalamas. The version available for download is the original color version and it includes both the regular suits and the Seasons expansion.
- 3D printable piecepack 3D models suitable for hobbyst-grade 3D printers or online fabrication services. Includes the regular suits and Card expansion.
- Very Colorful Piecepack by "Melody" hosted in the Boardgame Geek website. This has 7 tiles null to 6 plus letters & arrows. These match the cards better than the original set. This is a high color set.